When visiting a traditional naturopath, many of us may not really know what this means, so we cannot have real expectations as when visiting a doctor’s office. This may create some anxiety or even objection. My believe is that when we enter a world that we have no idea about how we will exit it, we are truly ready to begin our healing journey.
I love to use castor oil pack in all of my sessions. In my eyes, castor packs are among the most amazing tools to lower fears, thoughts, imaginary guards or perceived limitations.
Castor packs have the power to bring us closer to reality
Castor is a huge part of my life, my practice and even those who are close to me. I love when my friends, who know that I will tell them to use castor, skip the call when experiencing an issue, but calling a week after with a beautiful healing story about applying the pack. And yes! It is messy and probably will stain all your sheets, clothes and underwear. But, hey. These are replaceable items. Our body isn’t. Find cheaper sheets, cheaper clothes and undies and use the pack. You are worth it!!!!
Follow these instructions (or find a combination that works for you) and just do it.
~~~And if you are still curious about my love for castor oil,
you can read the real reason I love castor oil packs ~~~
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT – DO NOT APPLY A CASTOR PACK ON ABDOMEN
(and do not ingest castor as well…)
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
- Enhances relaxation
- Decreases inflammation
- Helps the liver to function optimally
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph
- Enhances the immune system
- Improves elimination of toxic substances
- Promotes healing of tissue
- Decreases pain
- Lubricates ligaments
- Improves digestion
- Helps ease many conditions including uterine fibroids, non-malignant ovarian cysts, headaches, migraines, constipation, intestinal disorders, and gallbladder and liver conditions.
What is Castor oil?
Castor oil is a vegetable oil derived from the castor bean seed in its purest form. It is colorless, odorless and tasteless. Cultivators of castor beans remove the hull of the seed, before pressing it to obtain the oil.
- 1 hand towel(to be reused for these packs – never wash it!!)
- Castor oil – cold pressed(Buy at Health stores, amazon or vitacost.com)
- 1 hot water bottle (Buy at Health stores or Amazon)
- Boiling water
- 1 box to hold all these (Plastic box from the dollar store)
- Fill ½ of the hot water bottle with boiling water, fold the bottle to let the vapor out and close the bottle
- Lie down on the bed and apply a generous layer of castor oil on your belly – cover all area from your end of rib cage to your pubic hair. This is the main area you want to apply the castor pack. If you have areas of pain – apply additional oil there and proceed with the next steps for every area you have applied oil.
- Cover with the hand towel
- Set the hot water bottle above
- Cover with your blanket
- After about 15 minutes, check your belly – if dry – apply another layer of castor oil
- Stay for an hour or more (you can go to sleep and take it away if you wake up in the middle of the night)
And for the fun of it….
The idea of this photo was inspired by a good friend – Dr. Randy Lieberman – the best cardiologist I have ever met – who treats every one of his patients as if they were his own family. and even though he likes to make jokes about castor oil, I know he really appreciates its benefits….
- The oil that heals – A physician’s successes with castor oil treatments – William A. McGarey, MD
- Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal recipes – Rosemary Gladstar